When an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) approves a PPG refinishing product for its certified collision repair program, it means that the product meets their factory standards. Using an approved product keeps the OEM factory warranty in place even after expiration.
In 2016 98% of all OEM makes and models had PPG refinish products approved. The remaining 2% allow the use of PPG products as long as they have a certified PPG painter on staff.
Here at Century Avenue Collision our paint department has a full-time PPG certified paint technician. Shops with certified technicians can also offer paint warranties separate from the factory warranties.